PLEASE NOTE: In circumstances where the parents of a student entitled to transportation are divorced or separated and both parents are residents of the School District, alternate arrangements for drop off and pick up locations may be requested provided that the request is made on or before October 1, 2020. Forms can be found at the bottom of this page.
Going forward for next year Child Care Transportation Forms will be required to be into Transportation by April 1, prior to the following school year. The Child Care form can be found at the bottom of this page. Thank you for your cooperation. Have a great year and a safe one!
Jose Torres - School Transportation Supervisor
385 Depot Lane
Cutchogue, NY 11935
(631) 298-4242 ext. 3504
The Transportation Team looks forward to a great year. Your safe transportation is our number one priority. For the 2020/21 school year there will be 12 high school routes and 12 elementary routes.
Consistent with prior years,the district will utilize Sunrise Bus to provide transportation. Their contact information is (631) 477-1283.
Some important information:
- Your assigned bus information is available via the Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
- The Route numbers are posted in the bus window (these are not the bus numbers).
- Please make sure your house number is visible.
- Please be outside waiting for the bus at least 5 minutes before your scheduled pickup time. If there is no one in sight the drivers have been instructed to go to the next bus stop.
- Bus routes for the Jr/Sr High School will start approximately at 6:45/6:50 AM.
- Bus routes for Cutchogue East Elementary will start approximately at 7:50/8:00 AM.
- The drivers will provide approximate pick-up times for the each bus stop. Please understand during this first two weeks of school, the pickup and drop off times may vary.
- All kindergartner and 1st grade students must be received by a parent or a designated person. If there is no one at the stop the child will be taken back to Cutchogue East Elementary. At the beginning of the school year, or at any time, you may hand in a list of designated persons to receive your child off the bus if you are not present.
- The shuttles to Cutchogue East Elementary School will leave promptly from the front of the Junior High School entrance at 7:30 AM.
- PM buses for the Jr/Sr High School are scheduled for departure at 2:10 PM.
- PM buses for Cutchogue East Elementary are scheduled for departure at 3:15 PM.
- PM routes home will differ from the AM route due to the direction the bus is traveling.
Child Care Regulations: PLEASE NOTE: NO CHILDCARE ARRANGEMENTS WILL BE CARRIED OVER FROM YEAR TO YEAR. YOU MUST FILL OUT A NEW CHILDCARE FORM EVERY YEAR.
- Students can be transported from one designated location in the morning and to one designated location in the afternoon. The morning and afternoon locations may be different but must be consistent every day.
- If at any time during the school year you do not wish for your child to go to childcare in the PM, a note MUST be provided and approved by the Transportation Department to send the child home on their HOME bus.
- Transportation changes for change of addresses will require a minimum of three school days to be set up.
PLAYDATE TRANSPORTATION WILL NOT BE APPROVED - You must make arrangements for play dates after your child has gone home on their PM bus.
Thank you for your Cooperation in the Safe Transportation of your Child/Children. Have a great year and a safe one!